Architectural Review Committee | Silverheels Ranch Owners Association

The Architectural Review Committee (ARC) reviews Applications for anyone wanting to build a home, add a structure, or modify a structure in Silverheels Ranch. Be sure to submit an ARC Application for any kind of construction project you may have here in Silverheels, including fences, outbuildings, garages, additions, or new homes.

Please review the FAQ on this page prior to submitting an Application to the ARC.

Architectural Review Committee Members

Cindy Mathison

Ali Recek

Lillian Wissel

Contact the Architectural Review Committee by sending an email to

Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find the ACC Application?

The latest Application is linked above as well as at this link.

When do I need to submit an ACC Application?

Per the Covenants, an approved ACC Application is required before undergoing any structural installations or modifications.

What is the ACC approval process?

Prior to starting work, an ACC Application must be completed and sent to the ACC. The ACC will review the Application and ask for any clarification. Once the Application is in conformity with the Covenants, the ACC will reply with a signed approval and construction may begin.

How do I submit an Application?

For the fastest response, please email your complete Application to

We also accept mailed Applications, but the approval process will be slower. The SROA mailing address is: SROA, Attn: ACC, PO Box 429, Fairplay, CO, 80440-0429.

Do I need a building permit prior to the ACC Application?

The ACC Application asks for a building permit number where applicable, but if you would like to verify approval prior to submitting for a building permit, we do review Applications without a permit.

The ACC requests that the permit be provided to the ACC for our records when it is issued. Park County requires a building permit before work can be done.

What gives the ACC their power?

Per the Covenants: “Authority: No structure, including walls and fences, shall be erected, converted, placed, added to or altered on any lot until the construction plans and specifications to include materials and colors to be used and a plan showing the location of the structure on the lot have been approved in writing by the Architectural Control Committee as to quality of workmanship and materials, harmony of external design with existing structures, and as to location with respect to other structures planned, to topography and to finished grade elevation. Structural color schemes will be compatible with the natural environment of the subdivision. Natural or earth colors (shades of brown or green or natural wood) are required.”

Does the ACC control my landscaping or gardening?

No, the ACC only has jurisdiction over structures.

What colors can I use on my structure?

Specifying just the color (i.e. “brown”) on an application is not sufficient. Colors have many shades and styles, and the ACC requires specific details on an Application.

For colors, please submit one of the following:

  • A photograph of the paint
  • A paint swatch
  • The specific name of the paint

For materials, please submit one of the following:

  • A photograph of the material
  • Physical sample (email us to arrange)
  • Manufacturer name and model
How can I make sure my Application is processed quickly?

Please ensure that your Application contains everything that the Application form asks for. The most common missing items are color and material samples.

Do I need to submit an ACC Application for a driveway?

Historically, the ACC has not handled Applications for driveway construction or improvement. However, driveway work can have the appearance of structural construction in the early phases, which neighbors might inquire about. To avoid confusion, the ACC respectfully requests email notification prior to driveway work.

Why do we have an ACC?

Per the Covenants: “Purpose: To assure, through intelligent architectural control of building design, placement and construction, that Silverheels Ranch shall become and remain an attractive community, and to uphold and enhance property values.”

I am building a new house. What is the process like?

Since house construction is a major undertaking, the ACC recommends that the owner submit a general idea of the proposed house and location to the ACC prior to commissioning architectural blueprints.

You will need to submit all required paperwork to Park County for permits including, but not limited to: Environmental Health for Driveway, Building Department for construction, Board of Health for Septic, and the State of Colorado for Water to obtain the required Building Permit(s) for the project.

Submit a completed ACC Application (including all applicable permits) to the ACC.

Where can I find information about utility hook-ups, Park County Government, or other services?
Do you have any recommendations for skilled labor?

The Business Connection in town has a directory of local trades businesses. Consider checking local groups on Nextdoor, Facebook, or asking your neighbors.

Do I need ACC approval to build a shed? What about a fence or wall?

Yes, sheds, fences, and walls are considered structures per the Covenants and thus require ACC approval prior to installation.

Do ACC members review their own applications?

If an Application is sent to the ACC from an ACC member (or their direct neighbor, close friend, or family member), that member will recuse themselves from the approval process. The Application will be reviewed by the remaining 2 members. While the Covenants do not require this, the ACC believes that doing otherwise would be unethical.

My scope of work changed after my Application was approved. Do I need to notify the ACC?

Yes, to ensure Covenant conformity, you must submit any after-the-fact changes to the ACC and we will review for approval.

Can I run a business out of my home?

Silverheels Ranch is zoned Residential. Please see the Park County Government regulations regarding zoning:

Who is on the ACC?

Tyler Pontius, Charlie Schultz, and Jeffrey Togie

How does the ACC evaluate Applications?

The ACC evaluates applications based on the text of the Protective Covenants. The ACC created a Metric form to easily evaluate Applications against the exact wording of the Covenants. The metric can be found here.

I have a question that wasn’t answered here; where can I find out more?

Please contact the ACC at

Contact the ARC

The SROA Board can be reached at, or by using the contact form below.

Mailing Address

PO Box 429
Fairplay, CO 80440-0429

Silverheels Ranch neighborhood sign with shoe and pickaxe

© 2023 Silverheels Ranch Owners Association